Te Puāwaitangi - Māori Performing Arts - Rūmaki Class
Ki te moemoeā au, ko au tonu,
ki te moemoeā tātou, ka taea ...
Princess Te Puea Herangi
The Te Puāwaitangi – Māori Performing Arts Rūmaki environment strives to;
- Foster Ngā Uara o te kura - manaaki, aroha, tino rangatiratanga, te ihi, te wehi, te wana, mātauranga and tikanga.
- Engage all of the senses through kapa haka to support success in all areas of school including pānui, tuhituhi, pāngarau and reo.
- Use kapa haka to make learning fun, build a sense of identity and belonging, develop relationships and connections focussing on perserverance, commitment, confidence and inclusiveness.
- A learning environment suited to the needs of those students who have experienced already and have a continuing desire to continue the culture, tikanga and te reo o te Iwi Māori.
- All student learning follows Te Marautanga o Aotearoa. The curriculum supports the academic and life skills needed for students to live confidently and proudly as Māori, reaching their full potential and understanding their role within whānau, hapū, iwi, community and wider society.
- Complete the green Maeroa Intermediate School Enrolment booklet for a place at the school, you must be enrolled at the school.
- Complete the Application for Te Puāwaitanga Māori Performing Arts Rumaki Class.
- Attend an interview where students respond to questions about themselves and their learning.