Our Mission, Values and Beliefs
Our Mission Statement
I will not cease from mental fight
To develop confident learners who are able to find their place in the community/communities.
At Maeroa Intermediate School we provide a caring, supportive, safe and challenging environment. We nurture the development of an active community of learners.
We foster a strong and positive self image and prepare students to be effective communicators, critical explorers, organised learners and positive citizens.
At Maeroa Intermediate we design learning opportunities and spaces, plan deliberate acts of teaching that support students to be
- Awareness of Self and Others
- promote Manaakitangaa - Respectful & Caring
- practice a Sense of Service
- able to be Participators in their worlds
- Collaborators within their communities
- able to think with an Open Mind
- think Creatively when problem solving
- calculated Risk takers
- Independent thinkers
- build on Skills in literacy, numeracy and thinking
- foster Dispositions that support personal success
- Reflective of their own abilities to move forward